Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mile High Comics



I first bought a Bart Sears comic off Mile High Comics way back in October, 1999. It was X-Men Classic 92 as well as Hero Alliance 1, and it cost me about $35 including shipping to Australia.

Since then, I've bought a total of 86 Bart Sears comics from them, with a grand total of about $263 spent, averaging to about $3 a comic, including shipping. That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

The beautiful thing about MHC is that you can easily combine shipping on multiple items, which, to be fair, many online stores offer. But the difference with MHC is that it has such an incredibly large 'in stock' list, that it blows everybody else out of the water. Couple that with MHC's buying power, which essentially means that if they don't have what you're looking for today, chances are they'll have it tomorrow. And finally, they might have what you want today, but maybe its more than you want to spend; MHC is seemingly constantly having one sale or another, with usually drastic price cuts on certain items.

A perfect example of how good MHC is, is what happened to me a few weeks ago. I've been looking to replace my copies of Rogue Trooper 14, 15 & 17 for a long time now, as my copies were laminated to a level not to my high standard. I've regularly been checking MHC for them, but they are rare enough comics, especially in good condition, so I never had any luck. Then, a few weeks ago, I see that MHC is having a huge sale across most of their stock. So I go and have a look, and find a whole lot of the Bart Sears comics I want, at crazy cheap prices... including those Rogue Trooper issues. I got issues 14 & 17 for a little over a buck each in Mint condition, and 15 for only 75 cents, in Fine condition. Mental, I tell you, mental.

So why not check out what MHC has to offer you. From my experience, you won't find a better place to plug in a couple of your Bart Sears collection holes.

Bart Sears Rogue Trooper #15 cover

No comments: