Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bart Sears News and stuff

I thought I'd better report on a few things that have been happening in the Bart Sears collecting world of late, to get those not in the know up to speed.
First of all, Bart has moved away from regular comic work for the time being. The reason for this? Well, Bart landed the enviable job of Senior Concept Artist at a new Gaming Company called Heatwave Interactive, Inc. Check out their cool website here http://www.heatwave.com/, you may even recognise some of Bart's artwork around the site. Bart has been working with top of the line computer programs such as Z-Brush, Sketchbook Pro and Manga Studio Pro4, not to mention getting back to one of his great loves - sculpture.

Here's an image Bart produced a while back for Heatwave -
Bart Sears Heatxave Inc Holiday picture

And here are a few others-

Bart Sears Heatwave 1 Bart Sears Heatwave 2
Bart Sears Heatwave 3

In other news, the Helm TPB came out on April 1 of this year, and it sported the first cover completely drawn digitally by Bart Sears. Bart told me, not long after completing it, that he did it all, from sketch to finished inks, on his computer. He said, and I quote, "I'd never want to work on paper again." Here are the inks and final cover -

Bart Sears The Helm TPB cover inksBart Sears The Helm TPB cover

As far as other news, Bart has just completed two covers for Hero Initiative. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to release any more details, so I'd better not. I've seen the covers and they are fantastic. As soon as I find out any more details, I'll let you know here.

Regarding the great Laminating Experiment... I've just purchased another 200 x 250 micron A4 sheets, and they will cover the last remaining Spider-Woman comics I have to do, and get me well into Bart's The First run, leaving me a mere 550 odd to do, down from over 2000 when I first began. I plan to have them done by the end of the year.

I'll post more soon.

No comments: